[haiku-development] Re: OpenTargetFolder

"Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/10/8 Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I was not aware that dragging a folder icon and dropping it on a
> > Terminal
> > window would set the current directory in the Terminal.
> I was not aware of this either.

Like with other files, it only copies the path, ie. you still have to
type 'cd' manually, and press enter afterwards. It's not a perfect
solution (I always wondered why you cannot execute a directory in the
shell to enter it, like the Amiga shell allows), but it's working quite
well; it's use case depends on what you're currently doing, sometimes
it's more convenient than to use finger acrobatics for the Tracker add-
on (I'm not a big fan of those cmd-opt shortcuts) :-)

In any case, it cannot be a general replacement for something like
Summon - it's just that I think that normal users don't use the shell
often enough to add an add-on to the standard build. It's just my
opinion, though, feel free to disagree in numbers ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.