[haiku-development] Re: OpenGL Kit maybe moving into Mesa

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:32:56 +0200

On 10/03/2013 11:33 PM, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
I'm still worried that us forking Mesa 7.8.2 may be a bad idea,
however at this point we have few other options. It's going to be
quite a bit of work to get Mesa 7.8.2 creating our libGL.so.

I assume with "forking" you mean the same we've done with gcc 2.95.3 -- i.e. maintaining our own version, while the upstream version isn't moving anymore, anyway. In that case I'm not sure what you're concerned about. Even, if our code cannot be as smoothly integrated as with 9.3, hacking up the Makefile to produce the extra targets we need probably isn't that complicated. And if it is, there's always the option to just hack the compiler and linker invocations into the recipe's BUILD() function.

Or am I missing something?

CU, Ingo