[haiku-development] Re: Odd errors messages while building DEBUG=1

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 20:45:03 -0400

On 4/14/13, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> to skip the debugger call when get_thread_info() fails. OTOH it is worth
> checking why the heuristic doesn't work in this case, since neither
> resume_thread() nor the Signal destructor seem to use a lot of stack.

Found and corrected that problem. This gets the boot to the point of
starting net_server, which then also panics the BReferenceable code by
virtue of this:

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/kernel/network/notifications/notifications.cpp/#n136

Given how that object's being used, I'm somewhat unclear on why it's a
BReferenceable subclass at all, since that seems a bit unsafe for a
statically allocated object.

Regards,

Rene