[haiku-development] Re: Odd errors messages while building DEBUG=1

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:08:37 -0400

On 2/6/12, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2012-02-06 at 02:52:02 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Today, I tried booting a DEBUG=1 image. It failed miserably. To the
>> point where it won't even allow me to enter the boot menu options
>> screen or output any serial debug information.
>
> This sounds like an issue very early in the boot process. Maybe even in the
> stage 1 boot loader. IIRC since I wrote it a few people changed the code
> also
> with respect to debugging. I don't know its current state. It may not even
> be
> supposed to actually boot with debugging enabled but only print helpful
> information. I suppose the easiest way to find out is to disable debugging
> only for the stage 1 and later also for the state 2 boot loader and see when
> things start to boot further again.

Replying to
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Odd-errors-messages-while-building-DEBUG1,1

Today, I built Haiku with the following UserBuildConfig
  SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP : 1 : global ;
  SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src system boot : 0 : global ;

Unfortunately, Haiku still bombs out. The last few lines of the serial
debug are:

arch_init_timer: using APIC timer.
allocate_commpage_entry(2, 12) -> 0xffff0100
scheduler_init: found 4 logical cpus
scheduler_init: using simple SMP scheduler
Deleted referenceable object with non-zero ref count.
Welcome to Kernel Debugging Land...
Thread 1 "idle thread 1" running on CPU 0
kdebug>

Any suggestions on what to try next?

--mmadia