[haiku-development] Re: Networks Preferences #2

  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:00:09 +0200

Philippe Houdoin wrote:
> The current implement is an hack.
> I think an API to get interface device icon, similar to what is
> available for disk devices, is missing in network stack.
> That way, our stack could provide builtin generic (vector!) icons for
> wired or wireless/internal or external (usb, firewire) adapters.
> And any network driver developer could eventually supply is own
> hand-made icon, if he want.
I just want to note in addition that an implementation like this would
also be useful in other
areas than just the network preferences, for example preferences for
Bluetooth. Oliver are
doing something similar, as seen here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wr7V6V_s460/SnsUckkvAKI/AAAAAAAAA0s/gfJ1h_oQJsU/s1600-h/Bitmap2.png

For the sake of consistency, maybe this should be implemented in the
interface kit as some
kind of standard?

Best Regards,
    Petter