[haiku-development] Re: Need some input for design decisions for continuous integration script

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:58:39 -0400

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Matt Madia<mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the past few weeks, i've been working on a solution for continuous
> integration.
> As a reminder continuous integration is a system that repeatedly
> builds something from source, typically to detect compile errors.

I'm well aware of your efforts, but in any case, very cool!

> In the short term, i'd rather not create a website to manage it.
> eg, http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey-Ports
>
> I certainly don't want to be shooting emails to one of our lists with
> many subscribers --- haiku, haiku-development, etc.
> Using the commits list crossed my mind, as did creating a dedicated
> mailing list.

I'd probably create a list just for this, that maybe sends a daily
status update basically saying all is well (assuming all is well).  It
could also immediately shoot out an email upon a build error.  Sound
good?

Otherwise, if you did do a webserver backend, maybe you could just set
up an RSS feed that works in a similar fashion?

That's my ideas.

- joe