[haiku-development] Need some input for design decisions for continuous integration script

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:26:15 +0000

For the past few weeks, i've been working on a solution for continuous
integration.
As a reminder continuous integration is a system that repeatedly
builds something from source, typically to detect compile errors.

My solution is custom built python script(s).
The current task is implementing a notification system / delivery
mechanism of the compile errors.

What are some acceptable solutions?

In the short term, i'd rather not create a website to manage it.
eg, http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey-Ports

I certainly don't want to be shooting emails to one of our lists with
many subscribers --- haiku, haiku-development, etc.
Using the commits list crossed my mind, as did creating a dedicated
mailing list.

--mmadia