[haiku-development] Re: Linux support for BFS

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:39:55 +0100

Le 12/01/2012 18:18, David Given a écrit :
Rene Gollent wrote:
[...]
it allows for filesystems that wouldn't be
possible in the kernel since you can write filesystems that make use
of libraries. Things like sshfs wouldn't be feasible in the kernel
since you'd pretty much need to write an entire ssh+ssl implementation
that's kernel safe, which is quite a non-trivial undertaking.
I don't know what Haiku's file system architecture is like --- are they
all in-kernel, or can they have user-space parts? Can Haiku support
FUSE-like filesystems as well, or even FUSE itself?

We have userland_fs which has a similar API tothe kernel side one but allows you to use userland services (and easy debugging). It should be possible to write a FUSE wrapper from this, but I don't remember if it was already done ?

--
Adrien.