[haiku-development] Re: Linux support for BFS

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:31:47 +0100

On 01/12/2012 06:18 PM, David Given wrote:
I don't know what Haiku's file system architecture is like --- are they
all in-kernel, or can they have user-space parts? Can Haiku support
FUSE-like filesystems as well, or even FUSE itself?

Thanks to the work of Ingo we have a userland_fs that supports the BeOS, and Haiku kernel FS API, as well as FUSE. The latter hasn't been put to good use yet, though, dunno why (an SSH fs would certainly be a nice addition).

Bye,
   Axel.