[haiku-development] Re: Interesting thread priority assignments in media kit

  • From: dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:18:35 +0300

I guess I was remembering wrong, the closest would be
B_URGENT_PRIORITY and that one is 110. B_REAL_TIME_PRIORITY is indeed
120 which is the value I was seeing. Does BeOS use priorities that
high as well for the media threads? That seems dangerous since it
would pretty much cause the whole sys to grind to a halt if something
goes wrong in some media-related task.

Regards,

Rene

I have here some mix of updated media kit plus haiku mixer and multiaudio add-on - and media-addon server has several threads at high priority. BMixer at 120, all "lego" threads also at 120

Regards, SD