[haiku-development] Re: Interesting thread priority assignments in media kit

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:58:44 -0500

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Maurice Kalinowski <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rene Gollent wrote:
>>
>> The ones I noticed were also things like the mixer...don't we also
>> have a B_MEDIA_PRIORITY or am I remembering wrong?
>>

> I think what you meant is B_REALTIME_PRIORITIY, which is pretty high, if not
> even the value you described.

I guess I was remembering wrong, the closest would be
B_URGENT_PRIORITY and that one is 110. B_REAL_TIME_PRIORITY is indeed
120 which is the value I was seeing. Does BeOS use priorities that
high as well for the media threads? That seems dangerous since it
would pretty much cause the whole sys to grind to a halt if something
goes wrong in some media-related task.

Regards,

Rene