[haiku-development] Re: Haiku boot sequence and debugging

  • From: Lengyel Sándor <slengyel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:54:01 +0100

Well in my case I did locate the problem. I do not know whether this applies
to  ticket #1723.
It is not the application server. Going to a safe video mode my screen does
not go black and slowly altering the script for  the safe mode I found the
line which cause the problem.
The boot up hangs (with a blue screen and a cursor) at
waitfor_input_server_event_loop_ line
When I comment out this line, in the boot script, I get a perfect screen with
tracker, icons and all. (But of course the system is unusable. :-) )