[haiku-development] Re: Haiku boot sequence and debugging

Lengyel Sándor <slengyel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Executing  an ls in /dev/input show an empty content for a fraction
> of a
> second, and then it seem to detect my usb mouse and at keyboard.
> After that an ls command display the keyboard device and mouse
> correctly.
> So it seems that this drivers including the usb drivers are not
> detected yet
> when I enter the  Haiku shell until the ls command in the proper
> directory
> detects and loads the drivers.

That's normal: the safemode shell does not use the standard input
drivers.

When booting normally, you said you would see the blue desktop, and the
mouse pointer. Is that all? No Deskbar, no Tracker, no Terminal?
Does Ctrl-Alt-Enter open the Team Monitor?
Does F12 let you drop into the kernel debugger?

Bye,
   Axel.