[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 timelines?

  • From: Daniel <headbulb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:20:11 -0600

Haiku is pretty amazing for where it started.

That said it does need a bit more attention and releasing alpha's
would have gotten that. If with alpha we have a new feature or some
new beos compatibility. It's attention that haiku could really use.
It's awareness that otherwise wouldn't be known. Sure we will still
get the nayslayers but with them comes the people that actually care
about the project and potential money. The people being negative
should be ignored unless they have a valid concern. We should be
pushing the positives.

As Mr Pintal said Haiku is a big project that needs funding to
actually make progress. I think bounties have been done in the past.
Such as the work that was done on Package Management or the work being
done on WebPositive

Again people don't know about the work that's been done if it's not
being announced in the media aimed at interested demographics. Alpha
releases with a list of changes would have done that. With interest
comes potential funding which all open source projects need to really
progress.

The developers and all involved have worked hard to get Haiku where it is today.