[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A4 Postmortem

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:41:01 +0100

Am 07.12.2012 08:12, schrieb chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxx:
Hi Alex. All of the above sounds reasonable and sensible enough to me.

And now might be a good time to post this link.
http://www.unixmen.com/haiku-os-a-new-kind-of-operating-system/

I am a Technical Writer and this is an article I wrote for Unixmen.com on
the latest Haiku build. Please read my article and let me know your
thoughts.

Thanks for sharing the link! Nice enthusiastic article! I hope it doesn`t raise expectations too much, because depending where you look, things might not work as smooth as they did for you. Just mentioning flash in the browser, or even the browser in general...

That being said, I am typing this in the new Ubuntu 12.10 and I still have not figured out why my keyboard refuses to take on the German key layout... How can an annoying bug like this slip into a release?

As for your wireless troubles.... I don`t think you can tinker much with anything, except if you are capable to port our update an exitsing port of a FreeBSD wrireless driver. :-\

Best regards,
-Stephan