[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A4 Postmortem

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 18:19:33 +0100

On 12/09/2012 01:40 PM, luroh wrote:
Hi Axel, welcome :)

Hej luroh :-)

While that also results in less work for him, it may also result in a poorer
release.
I see no evidence for that. It borders on wishful thinking and
preconceptions that a single person would do a better job in this
respect than a team managed by a single person.

As a developer, I want my patch in the release - someone independent is likely to make better decisions as to what should make it into the release, and what should not. Of course, that's not a guarantee either, and it might not work better in the end, but it sure is a problem that should not be ignored.

Nope, no policy. We wouldn't care if a fix gets committed to trunk or
branch first.

Okay, I misunderstand you there, then. I don't quite see how this would be a good idea, though :-)

Anyway, I think a tool like Gerrit as Adrien suggested might be a better idea for the RM -- the current Trac page is quite cumbersome and annoying to maintain.

Bye,
   Axel.