[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Alpha 1 desktop logo proposal

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:17:43 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:12:06 +0200
> Von: "Remi Grumeau" <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: Haiku Alpha 1 desktop logo proposal

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I found the idea to make it really obvious that the eventual Haiku
> release is
> >> alpha quality sensible and have created a proposal. Please tell me what
> you
> >> think about the attached image.
> >
> > Like everyone else I LOVE the ladybug hiding under the leaf. Brilliant.
> >
> > I think the alpha text looking like a stamp is smart and appropriate,
> > but maybe raise the alpha level a bit so it is more opaque. I think
> > the glaring red is good, even if it clashes with the blue.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ryan
> >

> Red + blue definitly burns my eyes... but it's more a personnal
> feeling, and a creative room topic.
> Since a decision could be made on the style to be used (stamp, small
> text under the logo, bug or not, ...) this could be a nice contest
> like the icon one... ?

I wouldn't want to run a full scale contest with voting and all, but everyone
interested should feel encouraged to send other proposals to this list (but
please only serious final looking proposals, not drafts, it's supposed to be
convincing)! :-) I have not yet worked again on the image, but since the PNG
bug is likely fixed now, I could do so again (I am working in WonderBrush under
Haiku).

Best regards,
-Stephan