[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Alpha 1 desktop logo proposal

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:37:24 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
I found the idea to make it really obvious that the eventual Haiku release is
alpha quality sensible and have created a proposal.
> Please tell me what you think about the attached image.

I like it.
Now, realizing this can easily turn into a bikeshed discussion...
How about adding a greek alpha to the feather of the Deskbar, or maybe an "[alpha-symbol] 1" for the first alpha? After all, the background often is obscured by windows, while the Deskbar stays mostly on top.

Though this suggestion may not find much support from the guys that don't want to be reminded they are using an alpha... for whatever reason. I, OTOH, think it's important that nobody confuses Alpha1 with R1. The Deskbar logo isn't as easily changed as a background image.

I'm just sayin'...

Kind regards,
Humdinger

--