[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2.95 and certain #define macros

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:44:38 +0200

Quoting François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:

> You might want to search for posts from people trying to port to other
> compilers (icc, ...) as they likely have the same problem.
> In any case since it's not part of the standard it can be considered as
> a bug, so you are free to send them a patch that fixes it :)

+1

A project like WebKit that is currently aiming at wider code portability should
be very happy to accept a patch that reduce, not increase, its code dependencies
on a particular version of one specific compiler.

PS: my opinion is such macro definition is the typical kind of code that make
portability a nightmare, aka the exact contrary of the original objective of its
author.

- Philippe