[haiku-development] Re: Ethernet drivers question

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:07:41 +0200

On 07/20/2014 05:20 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
I pointed out that the Ethernet chip was supported in Haiku R1A4.  I was able
to web-browse with Web Positive.

We have a compatibility layer for FreeBSD drivers -- we're able to adopt them pretty much without any changes. If the driver does work in Haiku R1alpha4, it could be that it has been broken in FreeBSD at a later point (as that release is quite old already). In that case, it's likely that we adopted the bug in the mean time. So you might want to check out a nightly build to see if your hardware still works.

Bye,
   Axel.