[haiku-development] Re: Entry rename and queries

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:17:50 +0100

Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> but the problem is that you're limited by the 4096 watch_node's limit.

As mentioned by Jérôme, Tracker already needs way more than those.

> So there's currently no way to catch such cases in a robust way. What
> can we do about that?

I think the best solution would be to introduce a flag that tells a
live query that you want to monitor all query results automatically.
That's the only way of preventing the race condition between sending
and receiving the query changes.

The code that I removed in BFS solved the problem as well (always
sending query out/in events in this case), but was not without problems
either (it would not know the original directory, so was not able to
send a correct B_ENTRY_REMOVED messages).

Bye,
   Axel.