[haiku-development] Re: Entry rename and queries

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:42:56 +0100

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Wouldn't adding another type of event (like B_ENTRY_MOVED) for
> > queries
> > make sense?
> That could be done, yes. A notify_query_entry_moved() would need to be
> added
> and all file systems supporting live queries would need to be
> adjusted to
> call it.

So what do we agree on?
When using a live query, chances are very high that you want to monitor
the file in question, anyway. Since the entry didn't change wrt the
query, I would find it cleaner to keep that separated.
Introducing B_ENTRY_MOVED would also require userland apps to support
this (unlike my previous B_ENTRY_REMOVED/B_ENTRY_ADDED hack).

Bye,
   Axel.