[haiku-development] Device Manager and USB devices?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:37:03 +0100

Good afternoon, gentleman.

Last week I tried to make some "signs of life" with my work on porting usb_scsi for Haiku. But the problem is that current implementation of USB bus manager have nothing to do with Device Manager, heavily used with other projects (ahci for example) in sibling directories. I have tried implement reaction to *ahci_get_supported_paths call and return "usb" as supported bus. No other calls was performed on intefraces of driver_module_info callbacks. For test purposes I set the supported bus to "pci" and was called during boot with *ahci_supports_device function. But what should I look for on PCI bus in this case? :-)

The Question is: How to workaround this situation - force Haiku to recognize usb_scsi SCSI bus module to be used as mass-storage during boot?

Note that usb bus manager modules are included in boot and preloaded normally during my tests. The problem as I can see it, is that Device Manager has no idea how to work with devices on "usb" bus. :-\

Good Luck in New Year!
  S.Zharski.