[haiku-development] Re: Development of Free Pascal port to Haiku

  • From: "Pierre Free Pascal" <pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:31:43 +0100

  I have a question related to
trying to get a nightly testsuite
executed on Haiku.

  I read somewhere that the cron job
is always enabled in Haiku and that
you simply needed to added something to /etc/cron.d
but I added a file called

~> ls /etc/cron.d/
cron
~> cat /etc/cron.d/cron
 * * * * * /bin/bash echo "Test $USER" > /boot/home/cron.txt
~> ls /boot/home/
Desktop  config  logs  mail  mutt  nohup.out  pas

This is supposed to create/modify the file /boot/home/cron.txt
on each minute, but it doesn't work at all.

I found no cron inside /var/log/syslog either...

Can anyone help me out here?

Pierre Muller