[haiku-development] Re: Default Font Choice In Haiku should likely be changed

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:58:28 +0000 (UTC)

.

That's just your opinion unless you are able to identify and explain the
characters of both, though. I've just tried with typetester.org (nice link),
and while Windows has some rendering issues with Deja Vu, it doesn't look bad.
If you chose Deja Vu Condensed, the visual appearance is actually quite similar
to Droid and Arial.
In my opinion, I think the Deja Vu is slightly too wide - which helps
readability, but doesn't look that nice, and takes up a lot of space.

BTW, this is not directed to you Sean, but could everyone take care to only
include the relevant part of the discussion in their replies?

Bye,
   Axel.

  I did preface my statements as being largely opinion. I also agree with your
sentiment, and I also disagree with it. Depends on which side of the statement
strikes me as having the greatest merit. However I have a 16:9 monitor which
makes the fonts look even worse, 4:3 isn't to bad but Dejavu looks bad on a
16:9 for whatever technical reason. The driod and Wey fonts look good on both
to me.

  My suggested remedy, experimentation.

  Sean