[haiku-development] Re: Default Font Choice In Haiku should likely be changed

On 19.09.2011 19:58, SMC.Collins wrote:
However I have a
16:9 monitor which makes the fonts look even worse, 4:3 isn't to bad but
Dejavu looks bad on a 16:9 for whatever technical reason. The driod and
Wey fonts look good on both to me.

Well, that really is nonsense, sorry. You might run your 16:9 monitor with a 4:3 resolution, in which case text or anything for that matter will look blurry. If this is the case and you think Droid looks fine in this situation, it is pure coincidence. But really, running at a native monitor resolution, the aspect ratio /can/ not have anything to with how good or bad a font looks.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear some good arguments, and you've made some good points since your original mail. But since you seem to have investigated so much research, can't you recommend some free font other than Droid? As I said, that one is associated with Android, we might want to have something less associated with something else than Haiku.

Best regards,
-Stephan