[haiku-development] Re: Coordinating porting efforts

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:14:31 +0100

Am 08.02.2008 um 14:48 schrieb <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx> <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx >:

Maybe you're thinking of the BePorts project:

   http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts

This looks best so far - seems to be alive, has provisions for Haiku
already and would allow to document work-in-progress. Will look into it.

Yes, it really looks good -- I believe the maintainer is (or was at least)

even on this or the main list.

The only thing I really don't want to deal with are any BeOS flavors other

than Haiku. I'll have to have a closer look to what degree the site
supports such separation.

According to http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/BepFile wiki page,
it should be possible to check $BEPORTS_PLATFORM variable to know which plateform the port is attempted for.

And according to that other http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/BepFile wiki page, the STATUS_HAIKU, STATUS_R5 and STATUS_BONE should allow to say a port is untested on all platforms but Haiku...

Either way, the Wiki pages seemed to be independent of those BepFiles, so while testing it could be textually documented there anyway.

Andreas