[haiku-development] Re: Coordinating porting efforts

>> > Maybe you're thinking of the BePorts project:
>> >
>> >     http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts
>>
>> This looks best so far - seems to be alive, has provisions for Haiku
>> already and would allow to document work-in-progress. Will look into it.
>
> Yes, it really looks good -- I believe the maintainer is (or was at least)
>
> even on this or the main list.
>
> The only thing I really don't want to deal with are any BeOS flavors other
>
> than Haiku. I'll have to have a closer look to what degree the site
> supports such separation.

According to http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/BepFile wiki page,
it should be possible to check $BEPORTS_PLATFORM variable to know which
plateform the port is attempted for.

And according to that other http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/BepFile wiki
page, the STATUS_HAIKU, STATUS_R5 and STATUS_BONE should allow to say a port is
untested on all platforms but Haiku...

Sounds like a good porting platform. Worth a try, at least.