[haiku-development] Conclusions and infos to check

  • From: "Daniel Oliveira Costa Lemos" <xspager@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:01:14 +0000

Hi developers of Haiku!

I'm xspager,

i just want to give my contribution  and check  some information:

1) Haiku mixed mode GCC4 + GCC2 libs seams to work fine.

2) where are the headers of /boot/develop/headers/cpp ?

3) -O3 flag is pretty good with GCC4

4) I really can't build software to haiku's gcc2 libs on haiku gcc4, with
gcc2? (would be fine for now)

5) I'm writing a Haiku Book, i hope, in the line of the Programing the BeOS
(I'm not sure about the name of the book), on the Portuguese Wikibooks. What
you think about? What I must include?

6) Sound don't work in VLC for me, but works in MediaPlayer.

7) Icon-O-Matic sems to be broke

8) Is anyone working with power saving, i mean, cpu frequence reducing. Also
about the ATX power button that just turnoff the machine, without Haiku be
aware of that

9) Icons position and organization on desktop is a lot strange, and the
window reopen on reboot remember some windows, but not all

10) Of course you folks can ask me to test or check any feature or change.

11) Thanks a lot to the the people in #haiku ! :D i annoy them a lot :)

12) Is HaikuPort "Official"? how do i contribute? where can i get BePort?

13) Abiword don't work too

14) I want someday to port the Inferno OS to Haiku. someone know about, is
interested in port it?

15) How is going the OpenJDK port? And Firefox? xulrunner running on Haiku
would be grate :)

16) last, i know that everybody works on what want, but know what each team,
if they still existing, are doing would be cool

Sorry if i annoy a lot, but I'm just getting involved with a OSS software by
the fist time, learnig C++ and BeOS API, so and i'm very exited. Go ease on
me, i know that Haiku is a beta( despite the hight quality), but i just
can't control myself. To me Haiku is what i'm waiting for. THE OSS OS to
desktop.