[haiku-development] Are fs add-ons cached?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:01:08 -0300

I have been playing with the cdda fs add-on and I noticed something that looks weird. Here is what I do:

1 - Mount an audio CD.
2 - Unmount it.
3 - Recompile and reinstall the fs add on with some debug dprintf's.
4 - Mount an audio CD.
5 - Expected debug is not printed to syslog.
6 - Reboot.
7 - Mount an audio CD.
8 - Debug is printed to syslog.

So it seems that even when the add-on is not effectively in use anymore (no audio CDs mounted), it is not really being unloaded as it seems the same version is used even after the add-on being update. Does that make any sense at all? Is it intentional?

-Bruno