[haiku-development] Re: Conclusions and infos to check

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:51:04 -0700

Welcome aboard.

> 5) I'm writing a Haiku Book, i hope, in the line of the Programing the BeOS
> (I'm not sure about the name of the book), on the Portuguese Wikibooks. What
> you think about? What I must include?

Book authors are welcome.  If you are really serious about writing a full
Haiku book I'm sure there's certain computer book publishers who might be
interested.

> 6) Sound don't work in VLC for me, but works in MediaPlayer.

Check the vlc volume slider?  Guessing you probably did, but thought I'd
take a shot.

> 7) Icon-O-Matic sems to be broke

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2008513940874112547
Icon-O-Matic seems to have a high learning curve, but it's also very
powerful (and still over my head).

> 12) Is HaikuPort "Official"? how do i contribute? where can i get BePort?

We are sort of a side project, but some of our contributions have been added
into Haiku, so we're unofficial official i guess?  Read through the wiki
page on the site and when you are ready to join:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/JoinBePorts#JoinHaikuPorts

> 13) Abiword don't work too

The dev(s) working on Abiword seem to also be working on a few other OSS
projects and haven't had much time to work on it lately.  But we have added
a portlog page to haikuports for it, to help put targets on the various
dependencies for it:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/app-office/abiword
So in case anyone is looking for a side project, perhaps try knocking out
some of those dependencies.

> 14) I want someday to port the Inferno OS to Haiku. someone know about, is
> interested in port it?

Never heard of it.

-scottmc