[haiku-development] Beta 1, is anyone handling this , forward movement ?????

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 22:06:24 +0000

There have sporadic discussion for sometime now regarding Beta 1 and when to begin the beta phase. Is anyone seriously interested in doing this or has so much momentum been shed by the team at this point that no one wants to bother ? I can understand flame out, been there myself, it is not a judgment from me to you. I am curious if anyone wants to handle this because it really needs to get out the door.

I can donate a build slave for the haikuports or any other packages, a dedicated machine running vms or haiku itself I am willing to rent server space if need be. I understand the Mr Lotz has generously donated a functional build system that needs some testing and that is fantastic. how does a widespread deployment happen to make is useful ?

Whats it gonna take to make the last hurdle in this race ? Is there anything the user community can help with ? Is there a list of tasks that anyone can jump in on ?

Sean