[haiku-development] Re: BFS's Lack Of Support For link() - hard links

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:18:19 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:33:22 -0500
> Von: Michael Franz <mvfranz@xxxxxxxxx>

> My understanding is that BFS is the only FS that Haiku supports with
> write
> capabilities.  All the others are experimental.  Is there one stable
> enough
> to risk trying?

I'm not sure about the stability of FAT, but that doesn't have hardlink support
anyway. AFAIK NTFS does support hardlinks in principle, but our implementation
doesn't, and ATM I would recommend using it read-only. The other relevant file
system implementations (ext, ReiserFS) are read-only.

CU, Ingo