[haiku-development] Re: Allowing BAlert without buttons denied

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:26:10 +0200

I don't see how this is related. Why can't the application continue to run
in the background, no matter if the user closed it?

The discussed solution of having the app wait for media services restart on
close, and showing an alert with an 'Abort' button is the best solution as
far as i can see. Because the restart might block up eventually, and this
give a visual feedback of what it's happening. Quitting the window might
cause the app to become a zombie in the worst case and anyway, the user
might misunderstand what it's happening, for example thinking the app is
just slow on close.

--
Saluti,
Dario

« Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, quo me cumque rapit tempestas,
deferor hospes. »