[haiku-development] Re: package_repo question: Why is "any" an invalid architecture for a repo?

  • From: gus knight <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:58:40 -0400

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is a requirement that all repos you add match the system
architecture. This makes sense to me, and having a single repository is
better than having to add two (native arch + any) on the user side. The
existence of "any" architecture is not something end-users are concerned
with, so they should be in the same repo as other packages.

Note that on our current repo, all packages are stored in a single
directory (http://packages.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/hpkg/), then
the repos are just linking to them. This means the packages themselves
are not duplicated.

OK, makes sense.

-gus