[haiku-development] Re: Adding a directory to Haiku image

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:59:51 +0200

Quoting Ivan <ivan.l@xxxxxxx>:

> MP> Suggestions for the PDF Writer printer name are welcome. My favorite
> MP> is "Save as PDF File".
>
> What's wrong with "PDF Writer"? "Save as..." is definitely not a name for a
> printer... sounds a bit lame to me, much like "Click here to start". :-)

Plus it will create a PDF file *only* if the PDF Writer driver is connected to
the Print To File transport. If someone have these high level native PDF
printers (like it DTP industry), in theory he will want to use a different
transport to *send* (not save as a file) the print job in PDF format...

I didn't test such case, but the print subsystem split driver and transport for
a good reason, don't assert PDF Writer will always be used with Print To File...

- Philippe