[haiku-development] Re: Adding a directory to Haiku image

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:29:19 -0400

On 7/26/07, Humdinger <humdinger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IMO the whole misusing a printing device to create a PDF file feels like a
crutch from Windows. There you need a hack to make PDF output possible
when the application hasn't implemented that itself.  We have Translators
that offer any installed file format to every program.  I'd much rather
have the option to save a PDF from an app's "Save As..." dialogue.

I agree, but the PDF printer gives applications PDF export for free
(as long as they can print.) Given quite a few users may be using
older BeOS software this is a nice option, since adding PDF export to
the application itself probably won't be an option.

But in general if applications want PDF export they should probably
implement it as you say. Though I don't think the current translater
architecture supports PDFs. AFAIK right now it is only for images.
Though I'd be happy to be wrong and I'm sure someone will say if I am
:)

Ryan