[haiku-development] Re: Adobe Flash on Haiku

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:07:54 +0200 CEST

> Ryan Leavengood wrote (2007-07-24, 18:22:58 [+0200]):
> > On 7/24/07, Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I thought Michael was doing a port already :
> > > http://joomla.iscomputeron.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=924&Itemid=2
> > > > >
> > Ah, nice. Clearly I wasn't aware of that. Hey Michael, you around?
> > Any
> > updates? ;)
>
> I think he is on vacation until the end of the week, but he will be
> in the
> Haiku Summer Gathering next week... and one of the things I'm looking
> forward to is talking to him about his Gnash port. :-)

Yes, I'm here. The gnash port is current as of today actually, but as
was mentioned correctly the rapid development makes it hard to stay up
to date. The actual port is kind of done. The missing things: Audio
does not work correctly for streamed media (online videos), the firefox
gnash plugin does not yet support scripting and therefore is not usable
on youtube and the like. The player and videos would basically work,
but the gnash instance cannot yet be created this way. I am working on
these parts, but currently this moves only slowly. Maybe Stephan will
help me with that next week? Then an alpha release may find it's way to
the internet finally.

Regards
Michael