[haiku-development] Re: ATA stack testing

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:19:48 -0700

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Strange thing is, I updated my GCC2 partition, and also switched it
>> the ATA stack, and it booted (!).
>>
>> I haven't had a chance to re-test the GCC4 partition again to see if
>> it's busted there still... I wonder if my use of "update-all" was
>> part
>> of the problem.
>
> I am only using GCC2 builds at the moment, so the problem is not GCC4
> specific. But since it's obviously (also?) timing related, maybe you
> just got lucky :-)

I think my luck was misplaced in this case, after retesting both gcc2
and gcc4 builds - it seems to work for both of them now. I suspect I
screwed something up when I tested it the first time, probably due to
the use of update-all rather than a full clean build.

If a problem crops up again, I'll be sure to mention it though ;)

- Urias