[haiku-development] Re: A slight can't-get-there-from-here...

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 23:43:27 -0700

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 03:59:27AM +0000, scott mc wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM, <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've hit a known bug (#3690) that has sort of stopped me in my tracks.
> >
> IIRC I also put BeOS onto one of the partitions on that PC, and if so,
> perhaps BeOS can read the file?  But you'd still have the same issue of how
> to get the file off the PC...  hmmm....
> maybe boot into BeOS and copy it to a floppy disk?  is it under 1.4meg?

Heh...  Yeah, I didn't follow my chain of thought that far!
I noticed that Haiku doesn't seem to have floppy-mount availability,
so I didn't pursue that line, and forgot that the BeOS partition *would*
have one!

If dd doesn't work, I'll dig out a floppy from somewhere and try.
(Yes, the file is only 40K.)

Thanks,
                        -- Pete --