[haiku-development] Re: 7zip

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:29:34 +0200 CEST

> I've updated ticket #2014 with instructions on how to get and make
> 7za, which is the all-in-one command line expander/compressor for
> 7zip.
>
> Supported formats:
>     * Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
>     * Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z,
> CPIO,
> RPM, DEB and NSIS

Beware, we do *not* want to use it for zip, because as said, our zip
has a custom extention to handle xattrs, so we'd loose that.

Unless someone sends them a diff adding the same xattr support on 7z of
course.
(btw it has some limitations anyway on the attribute size, I recall
hitting it once with an SVG icon in zeta...)

François.