[haiku-depot-web] Re: App pages on HDS

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:55:52 +0200

Am 20.05.2015 um 14:39 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:

On 20.05.2015 13:09, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Am 20.05.2015 um 12:27 schrieb Axel Dörfler:
Am 19.05.2015 um 13:33 schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
The larger application icon is an interesting issue. @diversys raised
this as issue #5 earlier – basically it would be nice to just upload
the
HVIFs and have it render out the various sizes. Ideally HDS would be
able to raster those in java or by invoking a command-line tool into
various sizes, but I am guessing that achieving that would be a
considerable undertaking.

A possible solution would be to put Haiku on a VM on our server, and
provide a web service for this.
That would put the burden on the infrastructure, and less on the coding.

Not sure if we still have free IPs for this, though, however, we'll need
something like this for running the unit tests after a build, too.

Yes, this may work. However, I thought I'd mention that libicon may be
quite portable. It could be that it only uses support classes which are
already available in libbe-host. Porting libicon to Java is considerably
more work (since it requires porting AGG) than just porting libicon to
Linux/FreeBSD/whatever and wrapping a command line tool around it.

In fact the Haiku build system already supports building libicon for the
build host [1], so adding a little tool using it should be fairly simple.

Nice. And nothing important it stubbed out?

Best regards,
-Stephan