[openbeos-cdt] Re: Mouseclick options

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:34:05 -0400 EDT

Aside from Stephan's question about selecting, I also wonder how much
trouble it is worth to be nonstandard. What you are proposing is
similar to the Dvorak vs Qwerty differences. Also, what if somehow it
was found that there was a huge advantage to reversing the numbers on
an analog clock (12 at the bottom, 3 on the left, 6 at the top...) --
would you be willing to switch? I'm not, and I know a great many other
people out there aren't, either.

Habit and standardization are a _huge_ things to consider. Single
clicks abound in Windows, Mac, Linux, Syllable, SkyOS, TriangleOS, and
on and on. As an RSI sufferer and proponent of things which aid in RSI
prevention, I'm all for looking for ways to make things better in this
way, but this isn't one of them for across-the-board helps or even an
option in the Mouse preferences. However, I'm also of the opinion that
getting UniversalScroller to work under Haiku is a good thing, too. :)

--Jon