[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Who here would be interested in a WalterCon sometime 2017?

  • From: Dennis Catt <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:12:37 -0400

Rene Gollent wrote:

On Oct 15, 2016 18:56, "Dennis Catt" <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxx <mailto:dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Haiku devs,
>
> I was wondering if there was enough interest in holding a WalterCon sometime next year on the east coast in the US? I could get a space for free that could hold around 20-30 folks that is utilized for crowd-sourced projects and is managed by a friend of mine. Obviously the only thing required from attendees is them getting themselves here and finding a place to stay and I could probably figure out how to get some discounts at a famous Pizzeria in town since my best friend owns it and we all know geeks love pizza ;-)

Whereabouts on the east coast? I might be able to make it to such an event depending on where/when.

Regards,

Rene

Rene,

In the Shenandoah Valley region of Virginia. I was thinking of sometime late April 2017. It would be a small venue and if successful we can figure out ways to grow it while being financially smart about it.

-DCatt