[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Show Minimized Windows - how to?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:58:04 -0400

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM, hey68 you <hey68you@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I declared the function prototype in my .cpp class, linked to libtracker,

Just FYI, you don't actually need libtracker for that one, it's
implemented in libbe.

> If you all could give me some general direction, I would not mind trying to
> write a patch for BRoster.

There are a few directions that could potentially go. The simplest possibility
would be adding methods to BRoster for the actions in question, i.e.
something like

status_t HideTeam(team_id team);
status_t BringTeamToFront(team_id team);

The implementations of those respective functions would copy what can
currently be found
in InterfaceDefs.cpp [1], and those two functions could then be
modified to call be_roster instead.

Another possibility would be a method along the lines of
PerformTeamAction which takes a team_id and an action code from an
enum. The former would probably be easier for an initial patch though,
unless anyone disagrees.

Regards,

Rene

[1]