[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Show Minimized Windows - how to?

  • From: hey68 you <hey68you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:53:14 +0300

Hello,

As some of you may have seen I'm working (very slowly) on a new Dock for
Haiku
http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/utilities/desktop-accessories/hidock-demo
.

I'm the author of BeDock written in YAB. But my new Dock is written in c++
using the native API.

In the yab version, in order to emulate the Deskbar option of show/hide
all, I was able (with the help of many of you, e.g. I think Rene, Ingo) to
use hey scripting to get the window count and apply a show/hide message to
each window of the app.

In the c++ native API verison, I can call be_roster->ActivateApp, but this
doesn't activate hidden/minimized windows.

When I looked at the Haiku sources (for the Deskbar), I noticed in
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/apps/deskbar/ShowHideMenuItem.cppthat
there is an include:

#include "tracker_private.h"

Later in the code, I see ...

                switch (action) {
                        case B_MINIMIZE_WINDOW:
                                do_minimize_team(zoomRect, team, doZoom &&
index == 0);
                                break;

                        case B_BRING_TO_FRONT:
                                do_bring_to_front_team(zoomRect, team, doZoom
&& index == 0);
                                break;

I'm guessing that this is how the Deskbar does the magic of show/hide all....

Is there a similar public API? Is there any way to get access to this
private header in my App?

Regards and thanks in advance,

hey68you.