[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Hey brother can you spare some 3mm PLA filament?

  • From: Elijah Richter <elirichter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:45:05 -0400

Ok, I figured that's what you meant. So are you saying that PLA tends to
crack if used as a structural component? I was looking online a bit and the
only cautions I came across regarding using PLA was not to use it for
components that are subjected to heat. The reason I was thinking about
using it is that I've read that it's less prone to shrinkage and I would
therefore expect more dimensionally accurate.

-Eli