[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Hey brother can you spare some 3mm PLA filament?

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:38:54 -0400

gah, "with PLA" is what I meant. ABS is much better for structural components.

On 3/17/2013 4:40 PM, j. eric townsend wrote:
I wouldn't print any of the structural parts with ABS due to all the
vibration and tension.  But things like LED/display holders and other
non-mechanical parts should be fine.  Plus, you can compost/recycle the
parts that don't work...

On 3/17/2013 4:00 PM, Jeremy Herrman wrote:
No 3mm PLA but I do have a bit of 3mm nylon, and plenty of 3mm ABS
including some cheap Chinese stuff if you'd like to see what printing
with bad filament is like.

-Jeremy

On Sunday, March 17, 2013, Elijah Richter wrote:

    Do any of you printing folks have some 3mm PLA filament lying around
    that you aren't using (perhaps you changed to 1.75?) The mendelmax
    is coming along and I'd like to start testing with PLA filament. I
    have a few parts I'd like to eventually print for the bot itself, so
    I'd prefer black filament to match, but any color would work.

    -Eli

--
@jherrm <http://twitter.com/jherrm>
linkedin.com/in/jherrm <http://linkedin.com/in/jherrm>