[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Friday, March 8th – Artemis Spaceship Simulator

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:05:59 -0500

On 3/7/13 1:19 PM, Chad Elish wrote:
Also. There is something going on with the router at the shop. It looks
like there is two DHCP servers on the network. I think that router needs
re-flashed. We had to set manual IP's last time we played Artemis.

If there really are two DHCP servers, it's possible one of them is coming from the server rack (We've traced the call, it's coming FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!). Just a guess.

If there are two, the easiest way to tell would be to unplug the ethernet in the server rack temporarily and see if that solves it, please leave the server rack unplug'd until it can be fixed.

Looks like we need a 'network cable untangling day' next after the 'stereo on the top of the shelves' cleanup day. :-)

-=Doug