[hackpgh-discuss] Fiber Optic LAN cables?

  • From: jeff kephart <n3glv1963@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:25:23 -0400

Hi, I'm getting a used radio from a friend in Alaska
it's an ICOM IC-M800 marine shortwave. This unit
is two parts, the actual radio deck and the control
head that mounts in the wheelhouse with the mic etc.
What he did not have was the fiber optic cable that
does the linking. I'm looking for a married pair of
SC (stick and click) and / or maybe STC (Stick and
twist) cables that I can maybe re-purpose to fit.
Anyone have some short or even long twin cables?
We know the receiver works because you can flip the
head upside down and align the T/R diodes and it
will receive.
Thanks in advance.
de n3glv